<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 20, 2004

It's so tempting to believe, isn't it?

To believe there's a plan. To believe it all makes sense. And most especially, to believe that there will be another chance - that all those we've loved and lost will be with us again in some happy forever.

To believe we'll have another chance to set things right with those we've hurt. To believe our families will ALWAYS be there for us, forever and ever, amen.

To believe that pain and death aren't really eternal, but happiness and joy are. To believe you'll somehow - magically - come through this okay.

You won't. Look, I'm REALLY sorry to have to be the one to tell you. I know JUST how you feel, believe me - I felt the same way when I found out. But I promise you - I PROMISE you - that this is the worst thing you'll ever have to face in your life. If you can just make it through this, everything else will be a piece of cake. Trust me.

It's not really so bad, knowing that this is all there is, and that the only chance at Heaven we're going to have is whatever we manage to create for ourselves right here and now. Be strong, and you CAN deal with this.

I have. So have lots of others. And we're here for you - no BS. Say the word to us and we'll be glad to listen, sympathize, advise. We know what you're going through, because it's the same thing we're all going through.

It's called "being human." And when you get right down to it, it's really not so bad.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?